Top 10 Casino Bonuses, Offers and Promotions from the Best UK Casinos
Online and mobile casino sites have come a long way in recent years as technology has increased in sophistication. You can now expect games of supreme quality and reliability whether you are a fans of the slots, traditional table games or indeed of live dealer casino games, which are becoming evermore popular.
Here we give details of the best online casino bonuses, offers and promotions around from only the best, UK-regulated online and mobile casinos. So while sports betting fans will be very familiar with the Best Free Bets around, some of these casinos bonuses are well worth taking advantage of too. For a lot more information about casino offers, bonuses and promotions, check out our sister site: CasinoOffers.co.
Top 10 Casino Bonuses*
|Up to £200 + 200 free spins|
|Up to £400|
|Up to £888 Free + £1500 Bonus|
|Up to £500|
|£10 No Dep + £300 Bonus|
|Deposit £10, Get £50|
|£10 Free + £160|
|Deposit £10 Get £60|
|£150 + 150 Free Spins|
Types of Casino Bonuses, Offers and Promotions
There are loads of different types of casino bonuses, promotions and offers and here we give a brief outline of the main ones so you know what you are facing when you see a big banner ad from one of the big casinos.
- Casino Welcome Bonuses – Welcome bonuses are simply the bonuses online or mobile casinos give to a new customer, that is one who hasn’t joined that particular casino before. These can vary in style and amount and can be anything from £5 to bonuses worth literally thousands of pounds. Check out Coral’s casino bonus for one such brilliant offer.
- No Deposit Casino Bonuses – As detailed on our No Deposit Betting Offers page, no deposit offers are those that – as the name suggests – do not require you to make a deposit. Some offers are almost no deposit offers in that you have to make a deposit to get the bonus but you can withdraw the original deposit when you’ve used the bonus . Others, like 888Casino’s, are bona fide no deposit freebies!
- Matched Bonuses – Many online casinos offer matched bonuses, both to new and existing customers, whereby if you make a deposit they will give you a bonus that is equal to percentage of that deposit. The percentage can range from anything from 10% up to 500% or sometimes even more. Betfair’s £400 bonus is one of the best examples of such a promotion.
- Money Back Offers – Money back casino offers tend to give you your losing stake back if you happen to lose on a certain game at a certain time (depending on the specific terms and conditions that apply). So if you win, you keep your winnings, but if you lose, you will get a refund, usually as a bonus rather than as pure cash.
- Reload Bonuses – Are essentially the same as matched bonuses in that casinos will give you a percentage boost of your deposit in the form of a bonus, often ranges between 10% and 100%.
- Free Spins – Free spins apply usually to slots and are given to customers who fulfill whatever conditions are set out in the particular offer in question. For example, they might have to play a certain slot game five times in a given week, or perhaps they must play on a certain day.
- Prize Draw Promotions – Many of the best online casinos run regular prize draws for their existing customers with some top prizes that can range from luxury holidays to tickets for big sporting events. Players will need to play on a certain game or fulfill other criteria in order to earn tickets for the prize draw(s).
- Casino Loyalty Schemes – Many online casinos run loyalty schemes that allow customers to earn points or tokens which can subsequently be “cashed in” for various prizes, bonuses or simply cash.
Types of Casino Games
As well as there being plenty of variety when it comes to the bonuses and promotions offered by online casinos, the same goes for the games you can play at them.
Here we outline the main types of games you are likely to encounter when you visit an online casino.
Slots and Progressive Jackpot Slots
Online slots have become very popular with casino players in recent years due to the advances in technology. Many of the slots you will find at online and mobile casinos these days are more like high end video games than the very basic early three reel slots that used to be all the rage.
Many online slots are themed around movie characters, cartoons, TV game shows or even soap operas. While many more are simply given their own standalone theme. The general gist of all slots is the same and tends to be a number (usually three or five) of reels that that have various symbols or pictures on them. They spin when you click ‘spin’, and you win if there are a certain number of symbols that match or if you hit any of the special features or ‘wilds’.
Progressive jackpot slots are a variant of online slots that could make you very rich if you get very, very lucky on them! These work by putting a proportion of each wager into a pot which builds up progressively (hence the name!) into what can sometimes be a humongous jackpot. One lucky blighter will eventually win the jackpot and there have been plenty that have run into the millions of pounds!
- Lots of fun to play, especially the more elaborate themed slots
- The chance to win some truly life-changing jackpots
- Massive variety of styles and themes to choose from
- House edge can be high, especially on the fancier options and jackpot slots
- Can be easy to get through your bankroll very quickly if the reels don’t go your way
Card games are more traditionally associated with casinos in general, and with online casinos these will tend to include blackjack, baccarat, pontoon and casino hold ‘em (and other variants). General head to head and tournament poker tends to be offered by gaming companies in standalone poker products rather than through their online casinos.
You are likely to find a number of different variants of the abovementioned (and sometimes other) card games at the best online casinos. Some will offer bonuses for hitting certain hands, others will have various features to make the games more interesting. It is worth noting that the house edge will vary between game variants and it is always better to play the game option with the lowest house edge (assuming you are trying to win some money of course!).
- Casino card games tend to have a lower house edge than most other games, hence you have a better chance of making a profit
- The games are familiar to many players from the off so they don’t have to spend time figuring out how to play
- Some people find card games just a little bit, well, boring when compared to the glitzy, flashing online slots
- Picking a game variant without knowing the house edge can leave you short-changed – always check with the customer services team if the house edge is not obvious
Table games will often include card games, but we would say that table games in the truest sense would be roulette (a spinning wheel) and craps (dice), that is game in which no playing cards are used.
These games of chance can be lots of fun and – like with the card games mentioned – you will find different variants of these games. For instance you will often be given a choice between European and American roulette, and you should ALWAYS choose European; this is because European roulette has a significantly lower house edge as it has only one zero to the US-version’s two.
- Fun, simple games that are easy to understand and require no skill
- Low house edge compared to most online slots
- As with card games, watch out for variants that sting you with a higher house edge
- You might find the repetitive nature of these games a little dull after a while
Live Casino Games
Live casino games usually incorporate some of the games mentioned already including roulette, blackjack and baccarat. The difference is, you will play using a live video feed that includes a real life dealer either spinning the roulette wheel or dealing your cards.
Many of the features are the same as with the electronic versions of the games, but the idea is that you feel more like you are in a real life casino. You are often able to interact with the dealers and other players at the table through a live chat facility, which gives a nice social aspect to it as well.
- Can make you feel more like you’re in a bricks and more casino
- Same decent house edge as with the electronic versions of the games
- Social interaction when playing
- Some people find the live casino set up a little ‘fake’ compared to real casinos
- Occasionally you can get agro from other players if you don’t play in the way they want you to
Video poker has been around since the 1970s in electronic format but it is still a popular option with players. It works by dealing you five cards then you choose which of the cards to keep and which to throw away. The ones you throw will be replaced by more to make up the hand to five again. You will then be paid out based on the poker hand you make (if any), the better the hand, the higher the value of your win.
One of the reasons video poker has retained popularity is that it has one of the lowest house edges of all the games at online casinos, meaning you have a decent chance of returning a profit. This is especially the case if you are able to use casino bonuses or promotions to reduce the house edge even further.
- Low house edge means you have a decent chance of winnings
- Has an element of skill to it that is absent with many casino games
- Video poker can appear a little dated compared to the latest slots or even certain versions of table and card games
- The maximum wins are not as big as with slots