Bookmakers that Offer Stake Not Returned Free Bets
Stake not returned are the most common type of free bets and whilst getting the stake back is nice (as with stake returned free bets), at least with stake not returned freebies there is rarely any further wagering to do, making them nice and easy and just perfect for free bet beginners.
What is a Stake Not Returned Free Bet?
With a stake not returned free bet any winnings you make from betting the free bets in question are returned to your account but the stake itself – which was free – is not.
So, if you sign up for the William Hill Bet £10, Get £20 in Free Bets and place your £20 free bet on a horse at even money (2.00 in decimal betting odds) and the horse wins you get a return of £20 (all profit as the £20 stake was free) as opposed to the normal £40 you would expect from either a normal bet or a stake returned free bet.
In the “good old days”, say around 2004, there were quite a good number of stake returned free bets but then the bookies realised they were being over-generous and now, more often than not they tend to be stake not returned.
This isn’t all bad though, as all stake returned free bets have wagering requirements before you can make a withdrawal and that applies not just to the free bet stake but the winnings too and sometimes your original deposit and qualifying bet too (such as the £200 Bet65 bonus).
In contrast, with most stake not returned free bets any winnings from the freebie are usually instantly available, often making these a better deal in the long run and giving you a better chance of making some money.
Which Bookmakers Offer Stake Not Returned Free Bets?
There are loads of stake not returned free bets and whilst some function slightly differently to others the basics are the same. Here we take a look at a few of the best ones.
As bookies change their offers regularly always check the exact terms when you sign up and make sure you understand the details of the free bet.
- Bet £5 and get £20 free bet
- Minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50 in decimal odds) apply to qualifying bet
- Must claim free bet within 14 days and valid for four days once issued
- Bet £10 and get £40 free at BetVictor
- First bet must be at odds of evens (2.00) or higher and within 7 days of joining
- Receive 3 x £10 free bets and one £10 casino bonus
- Free bets are standard sports bet, acca free bet and an in-play freebie and valid 7 days
- Free bet stakes not returned with any winnings
- Casino bonus valid for 3 days, and must be rolled over 40 times before any winnings are withdrawn
- Join and you can choose between a completely free £10 no deposit free bet and their Bet £5, Get £20 in Free Bets Offer!
- For bet £5, get £20 offer, initial bet must be placed at odds of evens or greater
- Free bets are valid for 30 days from the day of issue
- £5 free bet every week through their Sky Bet Club
- Bet £10 and get a free bet of £30
- First bet must be at odds of 1/5 (1.20) or higher
- Free bets (3x £10 free bets) will be added within 24 hours of first bet settling; valid for 30 days
- Free bet stake not returned with any winnings
- Use promo code F50 when registering
- Bets from £5 to £50 will be matched with a free bet
- Minimum odds 1/2 (1.50), free bets valid for seven days
- Bet £10, get a £20 Free Bet
- To qualify for free bet first bet must be at 4/5 (1.80) or higher
- Free bet added within 24 hours and valid for seven days