Man United v Liverpool Betting Offers, Enhanced Odds and Free Bets, Sunday 15th January 2017, Old Trafford, Kick off: 16.00
Manchester United versus Liverpool is always a feisty encounter. When the sides meet at Old Trafford on Sunday it has more significance than usual, however, as both sides would consider themselves well in the race for the Premier League title.
Here we will preview the Man United v Liverpool match and give you the details of the best enhanced odds offers, free bets and other betting offers to help tilt the odds in your favour, whichever side you fancy to win!
Manchester United v Liverpool Betting Offers and Free Bets
- Coral Enhanced Odds of 33/1 on Man United or 33/1 on Liverpool – A top offer from Coral for new customers, but note that the maximum permitted bet is just £1. It’s great value though, especially given that you’ll get a £5 free bet if your bet loses! See the Coral site for the full terms and conditions.
- Betfair Enhanced Odds of 10/1 on Man United or 16/1 on Liverpool – A £10 max bet here so you could get a nice pocketful of free bets. The bookie will also allow you to earn a further £100 in free bets if you keep betting with them after this bet settles!
- 888sport Enhanced Odds of 7/1 on Man United or 11/1 on Liverpool – Choose which side to back and get enhanced odds when you join 888sport – £10 max bet, winnings paid in free bets
- BetVictor – Bet £10, Get £60 – New customers to BetVictor can claim a tasty 600% matched bonus when they bet just £10 – £30 as a sports free bet and a £30 bonus for the excellent BetVictor Casino
- Ladbrokes – Free Bet if a Draw – Ladbrokes will refund losing bets on half time/full time, correct score or first goalscorer bets as a free bet of up to £25 if the game ends in a draw. They also have a 100% matched free bet of up to £50 for new customers!
Man United v Liverpool Betting Tips
Anything can – and usually does – happen when these bitter rivals meet. Red cards, plenty of goals, tackles flying in left, right and centre – we expect all that and more on Sunday.
Of course, the last meeting between them was something of a damp squib. Back in October the sides played out a disappointing 0-0 bore draw at Anfield in which there were only four shots on target in the entire match!
With both sides hitting decent form of late, especially United who have really started to find their feet under Jose Mourinho, we expect a more open encounter here as both sides go all out for the victory.
United know that victory over the Reds will mean they are just two points behind them in the Premier League table – and very much in the title race. Liverpool, meanwhile, will see this as a great opportunity to close the gap on leaders Chelsea who are five points clear at the top.
Recent Premier League Head to Head Record
It’s fair to say that – despite having a turbulent few years – Man United have had the better of recent league encounters with Liverpool. The Red Devils have won seven of the last 10 league matches against the Merseyside club, with one draw.
- Liverpool 0-0 Man United – 17 Oct 2016
- Liverpool 0-1 Man United – 17 Jan 2016
- Man United 3-1 Liverpool – 12 Sep 2015
- Liverpool 1-2 Man United – 22 Mar 2015
- Man United 3-0 Liverpool – 14 Dec 2014
- Man United 0-3 Liverpool – 16 Mar 2014
- Liverpool 1-0 Man United – 1 Sep 2013
We believe this match will be a stark contrast to the bore draw of October. Man United have a newfound confidence after winning six league matches on the spin and we fancy they will take the game to the visitors. Liverpool, meanwhile, aren’t afraid of anyone and they are likely to have a go too. Given that neither side is watertight at the back, we certainly think we’ll see a few goals in this one, and backing both teams to score looks a solid bet.
We also think that the confidence that has been fostered amongst the United ranks will see them edge the victory, though we think it will be close. Backing the home side to win with over 3.5 goals being scored in the match appeals to us at tasty odds of 5/1 with Coral – especially as the bookie will give new customers £20 in free bets when they join and bet a fiver!