Enhanced Odds, Free Bets, Money Back Offers and Bonuses for the Biggest Boxing and UFC Fights – Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi, 9th June 2018
Boxing has been around in some form or other almost as long as humanity itself. When it all started, it hardly stuck to the Marquess of Queensbury Rules, but you can be fairly certain even the earliest organised fights from Ancient Greece and even earlier attracted people betting on the outcome.
Nowadays boxing – and indeed betting on boxing – is big business. As, increasingly, is the more recent phenomenon of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship, a mixed martial arts organisation).
As such, the bookies have started to come up with some very nice betting offers for the biggest fights in both boxing and UFC. Here we bring you the best boxing betting offers and previews ahead of the next big fight. Check out what’s on offer.
Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi Tips and Betting Offers, Saturday 9th June 2018, Manchester Arena
Tyson Fury makes his much anticipated return to the ring on Saturday night, he looks to make his way back from a drugs ban. He meets Albanian Sefer Seferi in Manchester this weekend, the first step for him as he aims to fight his way back to the top of the sport. That’s going to be difficult after two years on the side-lines, so can the Gypsy King return with a victory, or could he end up being shocked here?
Fury v Seferi Betting Offers, Free Bets and Enhanced Odds
- CORAL 20/1 ENHANCED ODDS ON FURY TO WIN – Offer is available: Friday 8th June @ 09:00am until Saturday 9th June @ 21:00pm. UK+IRE New Customers Only. Winning bets paid in cash based on the normal price on the Coral website. Enhanced odds paid in free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days. Losing £5 free bet excludes Coral Connect.
- WILLIAM HILL BET £10 GET £30 IN FREE BETS – New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
- LADBROKES £50 FREE BET OFFER – 18+. New customers only. Promo code ‘F50’ required. Certain deposit methods excluded. Min £/€5 on win or each-way bet excluding Tote or pools = match max £/€50 free bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Bet must be made within 14 days. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. Single bets only. Free bet cannot be used on certain markets. T&Cs apply.
- CORAL BET £5, GET £20 IN FREE BETS – 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
Tyson Fury v Sefer Seferi Betting Tips (odds correct at the time of publishing)
- Fury to win Between Rounds 1-5 at 7/10 with 888Sport
- Fury to win in Round 4 at 6/1 with BetVictor
Fury v Seferi Preview
Tyson Fury has been made the clear favourite this weekend by the bookies. He can be found at 1/250 with Coral, while Seferi has drifted to 20/1 with Betfred. The draw is best priced at 50/1 with Betfair, but it’s hard to see the Gypsy King coming back to draw level after such a hyped up road back in to the sport.
There are plenty of criticise Fury, he’s made plenty of enemies on his way to the top. However, he’s attempting to make up for lost time this weekend, as he prepares for his first fight since November 2015. That’s quite the break, and you have to wonder what kind of shape he’s going to be in ahead of the bout on Saturday.
Starting out with a meeting with Seferi seems like a straightforward clash for Fury. He doesn’t have much of a track record of note, and the Albanian is little known. It’s no wonder that Fury’s priced up so short, and he’s even set at 1/10 with Ladbrokes to win this fight by knockout. So, just where is the value on this bout?
There’s obviously going to be few options for this bout, when Fury kicks off as such a huge favourite. We think the price is fair, as there’s an obvious gap in quality between these two boxers. The Albanian may be getting a huge opportunity here, but he’s also being lined up for an easy win for Fury.
We expect the Gypsy King to pull off a comfortable win, and we can’t see much chance of the fans getting a full night of action. Fury has been pushing for a return for a while now, so we expect him to be ready. We are backing Fury to win between rounds 1 and 5 in this fight, as he should have it wrapped up before the half-way mark. That could be found at 7/10 with 888Sport. We’re also going with Fury to take it in the fourth round this weekend, which is priced at 6/1 with BetVictor.
What Boxing Bets Can I Place?
As with most major sports these days, there are literally hundreds of different betting markets offered by the top bookies that you can choose from. We won’t go through them all, but here are the main boxing (and UFC) betting markets.
- Winner – This is the most popular market and is simply a bet on which of the two fighters will win the bout – or indeed whether it will end in a (rare) draw. The method of victory is not important, it can be by knockout, on points, by disqualification or anything else, the important thing is simply which fighter is declared the winner at the end of the fight.
- Method of Victory – Often you will find that boxing or UFC fights are very one-sided in the ‘winner’ market so it can pay to look elsewhere to get better odds. The ‘method of victory’ market is a popular alternative to the main ‘winner’ market and allows the punter to pick the fighter they think will win coupled with the method of that win, either KO, TKO, on points, by disqualification or some combination of those. You can often also just pick the method of victory without stating which fighter you think will win, obviously at reduced odds.
- Round Betting – The ‘round betting’ market can offer some great odds by allowing you to pick in which round your chosen fighter will triumph.
- Round Group Betting – As above, but here the rounds are grouped (e.g. rounds 4-7 or 8-11 or whatever) to give you a better chance of success, but at reduced odds.
- Total Rounds – Here you are betting not on which fighter will win but just how long the fight will go on for. These bets are splits into different over/under categories, e.g. over 3.5 rounds (four or more rounds) or under 3.5 rounds (three rounds or fewer).
- To Be Knocked Down – You can bet on either one of the fighters (or indeed both) to be knocked down at some point during the fight.
- To Go The Distance – A simple bet on whether or not the fight will go the distance.
What are the different Boxing Weight Classes?
In professional boxing there are 18 recognised weight classes, and though some of these vary between the various sanctioning bodies, most are agreed upon as follows, with the maximum weight limit in kilograms – we’re using the classes as defined by the World Boxing Association (WBA):
- Heavyweight – Unlimited
- Cruiserweight – 90.72 kg
- Light Heavyweight – 79.38 kg
- Super Middleweight – 76.2 kg
- Middleweight – 72.57 kg
- Super Welterweight – 69.85 kg
- Welterweight – 66.68 kg
- Super Lightweight – 63.5 kg
- Lightweight – 61.23 kg
- Super Featherweight – 58.97 kg
- Featherweight – 57.15 kg
- Super Bantamweight – 55.34 kg
- Bantamweight – 53.52 kg
- Super Flyweight – 52.16 kg
- Flyweight – 50.8 kg
- Light Flyweight – 48.99 kg
- Minimumweight – 47.63 kg
- Light Minimumweight – 46.27 kg
When you are betting on boxing or UFC it’s very important to do your homework. Seeking out the betting value is the best way to earn a profit. Of course, using the best free bet offers can help skew the odds in your favour too!