Chelsea v Man United FA Cup Final Betting Offers, Enhanced Odds, Tips and Free Bets – 19th May 2018
Some people say the Emirates FA Cup has lost its gloss, others believe the magic is still alive and kicking. Whatever people think, the FA Cup final remains a spectacle, which all clubs want to win.
The Wembley Way is one of the most special places in English football. For decades, fans have walked up the famous approach full of excitement ahead of the FA Cup final. The mood will be a little different on Saturday though as Chelsea and Manchester United fans congregate around Wembley.
That’s because the FA Cup final comes as the end of relatively disappointing seasons for both teams. Antonio Conte looks set to leave Chelsea after the Blues missed out on a place in the top four while doubts persist about Jose Mourinho’s suitability as Man Utd manager.
Those concerns mean that the FA Cup has taken on even greater importance so we should be in for a thrilling battle.
FA Betting Offers and Enhanced Odds
Note that, unless otherwise stated, these betting offers are for NEW CUSTOMERS only and the winnings for the enhanced odds offers will be paid out in free bets. Please see the relevant betting site for the full terms and conditions of any offer you fancy claiming.
FA Cup Final Free Bets and Enhanced Odds Offers
- Ladbrokes Offer – 33/1 A goal to be scored (90 mins) – 18+. UK+IRE New Customers Only. Available for a limited time. Min deposit £5. Certain payment methods and cashout excluded. Winning bets paid in cash based on the normal price on the Ladbrokes website. Enhanced odds paid in £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs Apply.
- CORAL – Chelsea v Man Utd – 25/1 A yellow card to be shown – UK+IRE New Customers Only. Winning bets paid in cash based on the normal price on the Coral website. Enhanced odds paid in free bets. Free bets valid for 4 days. Losing £5 free bet excludes Coral Connect.
- WILLIAM HILL BET £10 GET £30 IN FREE BETS – New William Hill online customers only. Min. unit stake of £10/€10 at odds of 1/2 or greater. Only the “win” part from EW bets will count. Free bet terms, payment method & country restrictions apply. Free bets credited as 3 x £10/€10. Free bet stakes are not returned as part of the settlement of successful free bets. All Free Bets must be wagered within 30 days.
- LADBROKES £50 FREE BET OFFER – 18+. New customers only. Promo code ‘F50’ required. Certain deposit methods excluded. Min £/€5 on win or each-way bet excluding Tote or pools = match max £/€50 free bet. Min odds 1/2 (1.5). Bet must be made within 14 days. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. Single bets only. Free bet cannot be used on certain markets. T&Cs apply.
- More offers coming soon… in the meantime, why not take a look at the latest World Cup betting offers as Russia 2018 is not far away!
FA Cup Final 2018 Betting Tips
Chelsea ended the Premier League with a home draw against Huddersfield and a 3-0 defeat away to Newcastle. Those two incredibly disappointing results leave Chelsea in a very different state to how they were going into last season’s FA Cup final. The Blues were absolutely flying 12 months ago as Conte led them to the Premier League title in his first season in English football but they took their eye off the ball in the final, losing to Arsenal.
There is no argument that Chelsea have fallen well short of expectations this season. Conte has had problems with his relationship with the club’s board, citing a lack of investment in the playing staff over the summer and even had to put up with public criticism from players who were unhappy with some overly negative tactics in some games. His adversary on Saturday, Jose Mourinho, hasn’t had public criticism from his players but he has had it from almost everywhere else.
Many Man Utd fans were brought up on the entertaining football of Sir Alex Ferguson. They recognised the importance of bringing in a proven winner after the failures of David Moyes and Louis van Gaal but Mourinho’s pragmatism is proving to be increasingly difficult to enjoy. The Portuguese can rightly point to the fact that he’s already won two trophies and that he guided the team to second in the Premier League but that’s around about par for a club of Man Utd’s stature. The fans demand style alongside substance and are likely to be disappointed if they expect Mourinho to let his players off the lead at Wembley.
Relevant Stats, Injuries and Suspensions
Manchester City broke all sorts of Premier League records and nobody expected either Chelsea or Man Utd to get anywhere near them in terms of goalscoring but both sets of fans still have reason to be upset with the performance of their team in an attacking sense. United’s 68 goals is six better than Chelsea managed while they both had three 0-0s.
Things are much better for Man Utd defensively. Man City are the only team who conceded fewer goals than the Red Devils while Chelsea let in 10 more goals than their cup final opponents. Moreover, United’s 19 clean sheets is the highest tally in the Premier League while only a handful of goalkeepers made more saves than the excellent David de Gea.
Man Utd’s chances of scoring enough goals at Wembley will be improved significantly if Romelu Lukaku returns from injury but it looks as though Mourinho will have to make do without Anthony Martial and Marouane Fellaini. As for Chelsea, they have the majority of their first team fit and ready to play but will be without Danny Drinkwater and David Luiz.
Chelsea v Manchester United Tips
The lack of Champions League football could well hurt Chelsea big time next season. Not only does it mean they will struggle to sign the best talent, it could mean that key players like Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois will leave. With both players and management considering their future, there is every chance that Chelsea won’t be on top of their game at Wembley. They’ve certainly been well below their best lately so it’s understandable that Man Utd are the favourites to lift the FA Cup at 9/10 with Betfair.
It could well take United more than the 90 minutes to get the job done. Chelsea have a decent record at Wembley and have too much quality to believe this will be a walkover for Mourinho’s men. Therefore, a bet on the draw after 90 minutes is tempting at 21/10 with Ladbrokes.
Another tempting bet is Jesse Lingard to score anytime at 13/5 with BetVictor. Lingard scored the winner in the 2016 FA Cup final and can do his chances of making it into the England squad the power of good with another big Wembley goal.