Lithuania v England Tips, Odds, Offers, Free Bets and Preview: 8 October 2017
England head to Vilnius on Sunday, looking to round their World Cup Qualifying campaign off in style and Gareth Southgate will be looking for a good performance as well as a good result. With plenty of notable absentees from the squad, this is a vital chance for fringe players to force their way into the reckoning for the finals themselves.
Southgate will be preparing to face a Lithuania side who have been in awful form and this has been a campaign to forget for the Baltic side. They were soundly beaten by Scotland lately and England must fancy their chances of getting amongst the goals if they get at it quickly, even if the manager chooses to rotate his side.
This is the kind of game that England can never really win unless they put six past Lithuania. However, as long as they win, this match will no doubt be quickly forgotten.
Lithuania v England Betting Tips and Offers
- A Goal to be scored – 33/1 with Coral (New Customer offer – terms apply, 18+, winnings paid in free bets, £1.00 max bet, £5.00 min deposit) – a truly amazing offer from Coral for new customers who think the match will produce at least one goal.
- England to win – 20/1 with Betfair (New Customer Offer) – The Three Lions will have their minds on the World Cup, but they could still do with putting in a good performance in this one. Baltic nation Lithuania shouldn’t cause the Three Lions too many problems but the visitors will have to watch out for the counter attack. Lithuania have never qualified for the World Cup as an independent nation and they go into this having lost their last six matches. In that run they have conceded 18 and scored just once. All things point to an away win at 20/1 if you don’t already have a Betfair account or 4/11 with Betfair if you do.
- Harry Kane to score first – Harry Kane has fond memories of playing Lithuania having scored his first ever competitive international goal against them. The Tottenham Hotspur forward has been in lethal form so far this season, and he would be a handful for any side in the world given the way he has been playing of late. You can back the Londoner to bag the first goal at 3/1 with Coral. Given his recent run, especially away from home, that’s huge value if he starts.
- Over 2.5 goals – Thanks to the leaky back four of Edgaras Jankauskas’ side, five of Lithuania’s last six matches have featured over 2.5 goals. The home side will no doubt sit players in and try and park the bus, but England do have the quality to overcome the challenge posed by their opponents. Dele Alli is back after a one match suspension and he has the ability to cause problems all night and you can get over 2.5 goals at 4/6 with Coral.
- Draw/England Half time/full time – It often happens that teams are able to frustrate England for the first half of matches and it wouldn’t entirely surprise us if the score was 0-0 at half time. However, usually in the second half, England’s superiority shows and like they did against Slovenia on Thursday, they should be able to notch a second half winner. You can get England to be level at half time before going on to win at 3/1 with Betfair.
Follow our tips or make your own bets but be sure to check out our free bets and offers. These bring you extra value whatever you fancy and help tip the odds your way!