Scottish Grand National Tips, Free Bets and Betting Offers, Ayr, Saturday 13th April 2019
The aftermath of the Grand National looms large this weekend, as attention moves north of the border. We turn our focus to Ayr now, with the big one at Aintree done and dusted for another year. Saturday brings the Scottish Grand National, without a Tiger Roll in sight. This time around, there’s huge value towards the top of the betting.
Scottish Grand National Betting Tips and Offers
- Beware The Bear To Win at 12/1 with BetVictor
- Geronimo Each Way Betting Tip at 25/1 with Ladbrokes
Scottish Grand National Free Bets & Betting Offers
- RACEBETS £50 FREE BET OFFER – New customers only. Minimum deposit £/€10 – must play through once. 100% Maximum bonus £/€50 on first deposit only. 5x wagering at minimum odds of 1/2(1.5). Must be completed within 45 days of registering. T&Cs apply. 18+
- CORAL BET £5 GET £20 IN FREE BETS OFFER – 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg.£20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
- Check out the latest FREE BETS available from the best bookies around.
[no need to write anything here, just update team names above]
While the Scottish National isn’t set to grab the headlines like events at Aintree, fans are set for a treat here. The top of this race is quite tight, with five horses seemingly a step ahead of the rest. They are led by Dingo Dollar, the favourite at 8/1 with bet365. However, Big River (9/1 with Coral) isn’t too far behind going into this meeting at Ayr.
The Grand National obviously casts a shadow here, which isn’t helped by the presence of Vintage Clouds. The nine-year-old fell early in the race at Aintree last weekend, but there’s a chance to right that wrong in the highlight of this weekend’s schedule. He’s among the favourites at 10/1 with Betfair. The top five are rounded out by Talkischeap at 10/1 with Ladbrokes and Beware the Bear at 12/1 with BetVictor.
We’re choosing to focus on Beware the Bear, who heads into this one with good form backing him up. At Cheltenham last month he was able to see Vintage Clouds in the Ultima, coming in at 10/1 to grab success there. He’s slightly larger to taste glory in this one, but we think 12/1 represents good value for a horse who has managed to win two from two in 2019. Trainer Nicky Henderson has a chance to land a first win in this race and we’re backing Beware the Bear to deliver it.
While there’s a close five leading the pack, the options here don’t end with them. There are options going into the meeting at Ayr, especially in a field as packed as this one. If you want a slightly longer option, we like the look of eight-year-old Geronimo. While he’s far from the most experienced, he has got a great record behind him ahead of the National. He kicked off 2019 with victory at Ayr. He has two wins in his last three races, both of them coming at this course.
Overall, he’s yet to miss out on a top three finish. We think that Geronimo is worth considering as a contender ahead of this one, while his price of 25/1 with Ladbrokes makes things slightly more temping. We’re getting Geronimo on side as an each-way pick, as he could be the surprise runner here.