Coral £20 in Free Bets for New Customers is a 400% Matched Offer: Bet £5 and Get £20 in Free Bets!
Coral are one of the very best betting sites around for many reasons. Not least because they have a very generous 400% matched free bet that gives £20 in free bets – in the form of 4x £5 free bets – for placing just a single £5 real money bet.
They also have a great range of betting offers and bonuses available for existing customers, the best of which we detail below.
Add to that a nice-looking and intuitive betting site, some great features (such as in-play betting, live streaming, mobile betting and their Cash Out facility).
Not to mention their excellent customer service provision, and it is no surprise Coral are rated as one of the very best bookies around.
Coral Free Bet Offer – Significant Terms
The Coral £20 free bet, sometimes referred to as “Bet £5, Get £20” or a 400% free bet has the following key terms: 18+ Eligible UK+IRE players. Paypal & some deposit & bet types excl. Min first £5 bet within 14 days of account reg at min odds 1/2 = 4x £5 free bets. Free bets valid for 7 days, stake not returned. No cashout, restrictions + T&Cs apply.
Reasons to Join Coral
Aside from the initial free bet, Coral have a fantastic array of betting offers available to customers. With a whole range of offer covering popular betting sports. Football and horse racing feature heavily, whilst other sports are covered regularly. There is always a promotion or two to get stuck into at Coral.
Coral Free Bet
– With most bookies offering a simple 100% matched free bet, Coral’s excellent 400% offer is a cut above. Okay, it might not be the biggest free bet in the world but in terms of free bet value it is hard to beat.
Bet & Get Club
– If you opt in to the Bet & Get Club at Coral and bet £25+ between Monday and Sunday, you’ll be given a £5 free bet to use the following week (see Coral site for full terms).
Coral Correct 4 (see our Coral Correct 4 article for full details)
– Answer four questions on an upcoming football match and if your predictions are all correct you can win £50! (see Coral site for full terms).
4+ Acca Boost
– If you are a fan of football accumulator betting, Coral has a nice deal for you: a 10% bonus on winning 4+ folds up to £100 (T&Cs Apply)
Cash Out & Partial Cash Out
– If you want to settle a bet early – either to ring-fence winnings or cut your losses – you can do just that with Coral’s Cash Out facility on selected football, snooker, tennis and darts matches.
Great Range of Betting Products
– Aside from their amazing sportsbook, Coral also have very good casino, live casino, bingo, poker and virtual products. All of those have their own bonuses and offers
Coral Free Bet Offer – How to Claim and Terms and Conditions
Of course, it is the Coral free bet – the fine bet £5, get £20 offer – that is likely to get many customers interested in the first place and here we outline how to claim the free bet and also some of the main terms and conditions to take note of.
How to Claim the Coral Free Bet
- Visit Coral (using a link or banner on this page, like THIS ONE) and register a new betting account with them (which involves filling in a short online form).
- Make a deposit and place your first sports bet of £5 (or £5 each way) on any sporting event at odds of 1/2 (1.5 in decimal) or greater.
- Whether your qualifying bet wins or loses you’ll be credited with £20 in free bets (4x £5 free bets) to use on another sports bet of your choosing.
Main Coral Free Bet Terms and Conditions
For the full list of terms and conditions for the Coral Free Bet, please visit the site, but here are the main things to note if you don’t want to trawl through all the small print.
- Open to 18+ residents of the UK or Republic of Ireland only
- Qualifying bet must be at least £5 at minimum odds of 1/2 (1.5 in decimal)
- Qualifying bet must be placed within 14 days of opening the betting account
- Tote and Pool bets excluded
- Not valid with Cash Out
- £20 free bets credited as 4 x £5 free bets
- Free bet token will be valid for four days after issue
- Note that the free bet must be wagered in full on any of the following bet types: single, double, treble, four-fold and upwards accumulator, forecast, combination
- A free bet cannot be used on the Football Jackpot
- Also, the free bet stake is not returned with any winnings
- Other T&Cs Apply
Coral Featured Betting Offers
New betting offers are popping up all the time at Coral, so check out their Offers page for the latest promos. Here are some of our favourites at the time of writing. Note that all these offers are subject to terms and conditions including that customers must be aged 18+.
Bet & Get Club
Bet And Get is a brilliant offer from Coral. Get a £5 free bet every week with Coral Bet and Get. That’s EVERY single week. Just place £25 of sports bets (odds of evens or above) from Monday to Saturday to get a fiver free bet on Sunday evening to use within the following week. This is perfect for regular sports punters, whether you racing, midweek football or anything else.
Important info: 18+. T&Cs apply. Opt-in required. Minimum odds 1/2. Available online & Mobile. Tote & Cashed Out bets do not qualify. £5 free bet available from Sunday, valid for 7 days.
4+ Acca Boost
If you like accas then Coral have got some more great offers for you. Their 4+ Acca Boost gives you a 10% boost to your winnings as a free bet of up to £100 (see Coral site for full terms).
Meanwhile their 5-fold football acca insurance offer applies to 5-folds or greater, while with some other sports they apply the insurance to 4-folds or greater, but check out the Coral offers page for the latest deals.
Important info: 18+. UK+IRE only. Min £2 bet. Min match odds 1/10. Min acca odds 6/4. Selected markets. 10% bonus paid as free bet up to £100. Bonus on winnings only (not stake). Bonus credited by 12 pm day after settlement, valid for 4 days. Bonuses redeemable on sports in a single bet. Only 1 Acca Boost per customer per day. Available until 31/08/18. Void if bet fully Cashed Out. T&Cs Apply.
How to use your Coral Free Bets – January 2020
As we enter 2020 there are many reasons to look forward to a fantastic year of sport, not least the Euro 2020 tournament taking place in the summer. But let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. Let’s take a look at the sporting highlights taking place in January as we look for the best events on which to use your Coral free bets.
There are some massive Premier League matches coming up in January, with highlights including the following:
- Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool (11th January)
- Liverpool v Manchester United (19th January)
- Chelsea v Arsenal (21st January)
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Liverpool (23rd January)
It doesn’t look too likely that anyone will be able to catch runaway leaders Liverpool but they have some stern tests ahead.
Meanwhile the EFL Cup semi finals take place this month with the two-legged line ups as follows:
- Manchester United v Manchester City (7th January)
- Leicester City v Aston Villa (8th January)
- Aston Villa v Leicester City (28th January)
- Manchester City v Manchester United (29th January)
January is not the biggest or best month on the horse racing calendar, but as we begin to prepare for the Cheltenham Festival in March 2020, there are some key contests to consider. Top of the pile is the Festival Trials Day meeting at the track hosting The Festival itself. There will be plenty of pointers to take note of here for those looking to get their Festival bets on early.
We’ve also got a decent meeting from Ascot this month which features the Clarence House Chase which is a key race for many of the runners looking for success in the Queen Mother Champion Chase at the Cheltenham Festival.
Michael van Gerwen lost in the final of the PDC World Championship to Peter Wright at Alexandra Palace. It was something of a shock to many, but came as a massive boost to anyone who backed Wright before the tournament began.
Now the PDC’s out the way, the BDO version takes centre stage this month, and though it lack the prestige and prize money of the PDC version, it is always a compelling watch.
After not a lot going on in December in the world of golf, things ramp up a gear now January is here. Here are the top tournaments taking place this month from around the globe:
- South African Open
- Sony Open
- HSBC Championship
- Dubai Desert Classic
- Farmers Insurance Open
- Waste Management Phoenix Open
England’s tour of South Africa continues this month with the third and fourth Tests in Port Elizabeth and Johannesburg respectively. After that there will be plenty of one day action and T20s to enjoy next month before England head off to Sri Lanka.
As always, using your Coral £20 in free bets can be a great way to wrestle betting value out of the available odds. If you win your £5 qualifying bet when you join Coral, you’re on to a real winner with your free bets! Good luck.
Coral Enhanced Odds Offers
As well as the brilliant 400% free bet that means you get a £20 free bet for just a £5 paid bet, Coral have in the past given new customers the chance to claim huge enhanced odds offers instead. These offers usually applied to big football matches but occasionally other sporting events too, such as horse racing. Coral were sometimes so generous as to offer enhanced odds of 50/1 or more.
They work by giving you a huge price boost on your first bet! It’s easy to see why such offers have proved a huge hit and depending on your approach to risk you may prefer this to the guaranteed £20 free bet.
These price boosts are really good as even if you lose you still get you stake refunded as a free bet so, whilst the Bet £5, Get £20 Free Coral offer is undoubtedly brilliant, some people prefer the enhanced odds.
They have taken a back seat in recent months with the bookie focusing on the main offer, but if they do come back, the choice is yours. It just depends on whether you’d prefer massive odds or a guaranteed free bet.
Coral – A Brief History
For the hardcore betting anorak who wants to know all there is to know before they join a new bookie, here we have a brief history of Coral.
UK punters will be very familiar with Coral from their presence on the high street. Coral are one of the original UK bookmakers and also one of the oldest. Whilst these days, most bettors’ only interaction with Coral is on their mobile, things were very different in the past.
Joe Coral, after whom the betting site takes its name, began taking bets almost 100 years ago. Back in 1926, when Princess Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor (you might know her as the Queen!) was born, he started accepting off-course sports bets. This wasn’t strictly legal at the time but hey, it was a long time ago and Joe was a visionary so it’s all good.
Humble Beginnings Soon Developed Into Something Greater
Along with a business partner they also ran pitches at racecourses and speedway meetings. It wasn’t until the 1960s that things really began to take shape though. When UK law changed at this time, to make betting shops legal, Joe acted quickly and opened his first shop in 1961.
This was a big success and he opened more, also using mergers with other betting shops to grow very quickly. Throughout the 60s, 70s and 80s the business continued to grow and also expanded into other areas.
There were various changes of ownership and structure but the core of the betting business remained the same. Brewing company Bass owned the business at this time and various buyouts of other businesses in the same gambling niche saw Coral continue to grow.
Over the years the business has included various casinos, bingo halls and other leisure facilities. Over the past 10 years or so most of these have been sold, although in Europe Coral have continued to operate under the Eurobet brand.
The Online Betting Revolution
Online betting has become a larger and larger part of what Coral do and how they operate but the biggest change, aside from the growth of online betting, came in 2016. After much speculation the Competition and Markets Authority agreed to the merger of Coral and Ladbrokes.
This created the huge betting company, Ladbrokes Coral Group. In 2017, rival betting company, GVC, agreed to buy Ladbrokes Coral. GVC own a range of online betting sites, including Bwin and Foxy Bingo. At the time of writing the agreed deal is still being finalised.
One thing is certain though, with the pooling of so many resources and so much betting experience and know-how, Coral is undoubtedly a first class bookmaker. They are a brand with history, expertise and deep pockets. This means they can be trusted and also have the resources and capabilities to deliver exactly what the customer wants.
Coral – Bet £5, Get a £20 Free Bet
To take advantage of this fine offer, just join Coral by clicking the banner to the right, make a deposit and place your first bet of £5 or more within seven days at odds of at least evens (or 2.00 in decimal odds) and you’ll be credited with your £20 in free bets (4x £5 free bets).
Coral’s free bet for sports betting fans is a nice easy one and, as a 400% freebie, pretty much the most generous around. Okay, a £20 free bet isn’t the biggest on the market but given Coral’s offer is bet £5 get £20 free (18+, T&Cs Apply)it’s hard to beat for those not wanting a large outlay.
The free bet is then valid for four days and, as with most free bets these days, it is a stake not returned free bet.
KEY TERMS: 18+. UK+IRE only. Min first bet £5 at odds 1/2 or more. Tote and Pool excluded. Must be placed within 14 days of account reg. £20 credited as 4 x £5 free bets. Not valid with Cash Out. Free bet valid for 4 days. Free bet stake not returned. T&Cs apply.
Coral’s great casino (and Games, Live Casino and Slots tabs) offers so much, with games powered by Playtech that are pretty much the best around and more bonuses then you can shake a bag full of casino chips at. They have loads available for new customers, while not forgetting their existing ones, whether you want to play online or on your mobile. 18+, T&Cs Apply for all bonuses mentioned.
- Bet £10 get £50 Free – The main Coral casino welcome offer is a £50 bonus for just a £10 deposit and the wagering is very generous at just 24 times the bonus only (not deposit and bonus like many rivals). – Important info: 18+. New Players only. Min £10 buy-in to get £50 bonus. 24 x (Bonus) wagering reqs apply. Bonus valid for 30 days (bonus and winnings removed). Certain games excluded. Bets covering 67% or more of Roulette table don\’t count to wagering. T&Cs Apply.
- Bet and Spin, Casino Acca and Supercharged Slots – Three great offers that run every week in the Coral casino offering weekly casino bonuses worth a total of up to £140. (T&Cs Apply – see Coral site for details)
18+, T&C Apply